Need a little more time? City of Lubbock Utilities lets you extend your current payment due date. To enroll, call and follow the prompts, or log in to your City of Lubbock Utilities account and select 'Payment Arrangement' from the main dropdown menu.
Click here for step-by-step instructions for the automated phone system. You will need your 14-digit account number.
In addition to the agencies listed below, places of worship may offer Utility Assistance Programs.
South Plains Association of Governments 211 (dial 211 anywhere in Texas)
Catholic Family Charities (CFS)
102 Avenue J Phone: 806-765-8475 CFS is has already received funding for those customers financially impacted by COVID-19, and is currently utilizing that funding to assist with utility payments. Funding is not restricted and may be used to assist the customer with their entire utility bill. There is no income eligibility requirements for this funding. All cases are considered on a case-by-case basis. Customers may apply online at www.cclubbock.org.
Lubbock County General Assistance (LCGA)
916 Main Street, Suite 104
LCGA is a public, tax-supported family agency established primarily to meet, on a temporary basis, the financial needs of the indigent families who are residents of Lubbock County. Contact must be made by phone. As part of the initial intake call, the customer is advised of LCGA’s requirements which are listed below. LCGA utility payments are limited to only the current month. Services cannot be disconnected for nonpayment. Any deposits or past due bills are not eligible for this assistance. LCGA Requirements:
- Household must have either a disabled adult in the 德扑圈官方网址home, or a minor child
- Household must have been without income for at least 30 days.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age or married,
- Household must demonstrate they have resided in Lubbock County no less than 30 days prior to applying for assistance.
- Customer must present valid picture ID for all adults residing in the 德扑圈官方网址home.
Neighborhood House administers funding for the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP). This funding is provided to Community Development from the Texas Department of Housing. This funding is used exclusively for energy related charges such as electricity, gas, and propane. The application for these funds is located on the Community Development webpage by clicking on the box identified as Utility Assistance. Requirements for CEAP funding:
- Customer must fall below 150% of federal poverty guidelines.
- The customer is required to provide, as part of the application process, all household income.
- Driver’s License and ID cards must be presented for all adults in the 德扑圈官方网址home.
- Customers must present birth certificates for all household members.
- Customers must provide copies of the bills from which they are requesting relief.
The Salvation Army
1111 16th Street
Customers can apply for benefits by contacting the Salvation Army at www.salvationarmytexas.org/lubbock. Once the customer reaches out to the Salvation Army, they will set up an appointment with the customer. Currently, the Salvation Army has curbside service. When the customer comes to the office they are instructed to stay in their vehicle and to place a call to the Salvation Army. A representative will then come out to their car and assist the customer in the completion of the application process. The Salvation Army has a set one-time per year contribution of $150. The Salvation Army’s primary funding source is the United Way.
Veterans Resource Coordination Group (VetStar) - Veterans Only
Assistance is limited to veterans and surviving spouses only. This organization is relatively new and receives the majority of its funding from Star Care (formerly MHMR) but has recently received a new funding source through the Texas Veteran’s Commission called COIN (Combatants Overcoming Income Needs). Applications are filled out online at www.vetstar.org. If the veteran qualifies, funding has very few restrictions. VetStar Requirements:
- Income from previous 12 months must be at or below 80% of the area median income for the county the veteran resides as defined by HUD.
- Must provide proof of discharge status, must be status other than dishonorable.
- Veterans are asked to provide proof of veteran status, VA Card, or DD-214’s.
Helping friends and neighbors in our community is easy. You can round your bill up to the nearest dollar or pledge a donation of $1 or more per month to lend support to someone who may need a little help during tough financial times.
To support Project Helping Hand, sign in to your City of Lubbock Utilities account, or click here to download, print and submit the pledge form. You can also donate by calling us at 806-775-2509.
Together we can give our neighbors a helping hand.
Our trusted community partner administers pledge amounts in the Project Helping Hand fund. Donations are reported to you on an annual basis for tax purposes, and you can cancel your pledge at any time by calling or changing your account settings online.